- The most common back injuries related to weight lifting are low back strains and disc herniations.
- In athletes, the most common injuries related to sports are soft tissue strains or sprains.
- The most common reasons given for low back strains or sprains in weight lifting is due to poor posture, weak core muscles, and poor lifting technique.
Our goal with this CEU-Certified Course is to:
- Educate coaches, athletes, practitioners, and personal trainers how to assess and identify faulty movement patterns seen in their athletes/clients that lead to back pain/injury
- Provide an understanding how to better cue, coach, and program exercises that improve core and postural functions needed to improve back pain
- Increase the training longevity of the athlete/client in the weight room
Weight Lifting & Low Back Pain: How to Help
Register for the 5-Hour CEU Course at Maize High School, April 13, 9-3 pm