How to Do a Bar Muscle UpAnna Woods
How to Do a Bar Muscle Up Visual: Watch the slow motion version of a series of gymnastics skills commonly seen in CrossFit. For this series, we focused on 1 bar muscle up, 1 toes to bar, and 1 kipping pull up. This slow-motion demonstration shows:
- how to use the hips for power to drive oneself over the bar.
- Keeping legs tight and straight to avoid energy leaks
- Maintaining a hollow rock position through the core and shoulders.
- A (semi-) ha! mobile T-spine to allow full swing forward through the bar.
- Loose grip through the hands/shoulders/forearms to allow movement around the bar and prevent tearing
- Stiffness through the spine
This particular series lasted 10 minutes, and each exercise skill was performed every minute on the minute. For skills to develop strength/mobility to achieve these skills, inquire at: shestrength.com, “Join the Squad”